An academic upgrading program designed to help participants prepare for post-secondary education, pre-apprenticeship training, apprenticeship with an employer or the GED Preparatory Program. Offered in partnership with Seneca College and the Labour Education Centre (LEC).
What to expect
Instruction in the following
- reading, writing, math, science and computer skills
- pre-GED preparation
- one-on-one support to help students develop realistic pathways to further training, education, or sustainable employment
*Note: Please contact us to find which components are currently being offered.
Special features of this program
- Seneca College student card and access to the college
- an alternative, community-based option for those requiring flexible, individualized, learner-centered programming to attain the requirements to enter pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship or post secondary training
- a seamless, user-friendly delivery of services to vulnerable and under-represented adults
- transportation support for those who are eligible
- earn the Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate upon completing four ACE credits
Who is eligible?
- adults 19 years of age and older
- who want to prepare for college entry, pre-apprenticeship training, or work as an apprentice or the GED preparatory program
- who need help with upgrading reading, writing, math and computer skills
- who are motivated and able to commit to a part-time program
- Program duration is based on individual needs and goals.
- Up to 12 hours of instruction per week.
- Classes will be held in the evenings – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:00
How to enroll
Please call for more information or to set up an appointment.
East Centre 416 510 3266
Our East training centre is easily accessible by TTC – see our contact page for maps.