Job Solutions Employment Services
PTP Job Solutions has expanded to offer a full range of employment services in our new Resource and Information Centre (RI). We have everything you need to plan your next steps to secure employment or training, including Information and Resource Specialists, Employment Counsellors, and Job Developers ready to help every step of the way!
- We are here to help you reach your employment goal
- We are knowledgeable and experienced
- We provide a wide range of services
What to expect
Resource and Information Centre
Our RI centre is here to help you if you are looking for work or want further education or training. Our centre has:
- Information on the local labour market, occupations, employment opportunities
- Staff ready to help with your job search strategy
- Resources for your independent job search
- Current job postings
- Information on training and community service supports
- Staff to help you with applications, registration, submissions to education or training programs
- Staff to assist you with the computer, internet, email, fax, photocopier, telephone
Client Service Planning
PTP Job Solutions has experience serving adults who need extra support finding and keeping a job. We will work with you to:
- Develop an individualized plan to meet your needs and goals
- Help you learn to network, make cold calls, do your best in interviews
- Put supports in place for your job search, training or further education
- Identify and clarify your interests, skills
- Help you to improve interview skills, your personalized resume
- Explore occupational and training requirements related to your goal
- Understand employer expectations, workers rights and responsibilities, Canadian workplace culture
- Provide life skills coaching
- Help you learn to disclose your disability and access workplace accommodations if you need them
- Locate employers with job opportunities
- Mentor and coach you in a job placement
Special features of this service
If you have less than a Grade 12 diploma or need extra help because of low literacy or language skills – we can help!
In addition to the full range of employment services, PTP Job Solutions provides specialized job search assistance if you have low literacy or language skills, or lack a high school diploma.
- Modified materials and workshops
- Experienced counsellors
- Extra one on one support writing all job search documents (e.g., resume, fax cover sheet, reference list)
- Help filling out job applications, using the computer and internet
- Support with cold calls
- Support when completing applications, registration, submissions to education or training programs
Who is eligible?
Open to the general public.
How to access?
Drop by or call to get more information or to set up an appointment.
West Centre 416 239 8802
East Centre 416 686 8426
Our hours are:
Mon, Tue, Wed: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thu: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (extended hours)
Fri: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Our two training centres are easily accessible by TTC – see our contact page for maps.
This Employment Ontario service is funded by the Ontario Government.