For clients receiving income support from Toronto Employment and Social Services
Overcome employment challenges, develop your work and life skills, and make a positive change on your own terms. Choices: Take Charge for Life and Work will allow you to discover your own path to success through flexible options including workshops, one-on-one counseling, and customized activities. At the beginning of the program, your needs will be determined and you’ll be placed on a customized program track to help you transition to:
- Further education/training
- Work preparation
- Volunteer placement
- Other intervention depending on need
- Other income support programs
- Highly supportive environment
- Flexible, modified approach
- Your skills will be assessed to help you plan for next steps
- Includes workshops, one-on-one counseling, customized programs and activities, site visits, guest speakers, informational interviews, and vocational assessments
- Develop life, employability skills, and job search skills, as well as financial literacy skills
- Learn about employment standards and your rights at work, as well as time, stress and anger management
- Explore your career options, and learn to set and achieve measurable goals
Who is Eligible?
If you are 19 or older, and have been out of the labor force for a period of time, and would appreciate extra support in planning your next steps, this program may be a good fit for you.
- The core CHOICES program runs for 12 weeks.
- Small group activities and workshops are delivered part-time.
- Workshops are 2.5 hours each and delivered 4 times a week.
- One hour a week of one-on-one counseling is included.
- The complete length of the Employment Essentials program will be based on your individual needs and goals.
- Post program supports will be an integral part of this intervention.
How to Enroll
Please call PTP for more information, or to set up an appointment.
West Centre: (416) 239-7309
Ask for Lyudmyla Vavryshchuk, or email her at email@example.com.