PTP’s Academic Upgrading program is designed to help participants prepare for post-secondary education, pre-apprenticeship training, apprenticeship with an employer, and preparation for the GED test. PTP’s Academic Upgrading is offered in partnership with Seneca College, and sponsored by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Academic and Career Entrance (ACE), recognized by Ontario Colleges and programming, is personalized to meet our learners' educational requirements.
- In class instruction in Basic to Advanced level Mathematics and English & Communications (ACE Credit).
- Evening Program: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
- Participants will receive a Seneca College student card and access to the college while enrolled.
- Students select and mange their own learning activities in a self-paced, flexible and self-directed approach.
- Students are eligible to receive an ACE Certificate when they complete four advanced courses including: English & Communications and Advanced level Math offered at PTP plus two other subjects. For more information on the (ACE) certificate click here.
- PTP’s academic upgrading classes are free.
Who is Eligible?
- Ontario residents, 19 years or older with less than a grade 12, or seeking grade 12 equivalency credits in Mathematics and English.
- All applicants are interviewed and complete an academic assessment to determine program suitability and eligibility for program entry.
- Minimum 20 weeks - based on applicant’s initial assessment results.
- The program length is based on individual needs and goals, and will consist of up to 9 hours of in-class instruction per week.
- PTP also offers Academic Upgrading at WoodGreen Community Services, Boundless Possibilities for Women and Homeward Bound program. For more information, click here.
How to Enroll
Please call PTP for more information, or to set up an appointment.
East Centre (416) 510-3266
Ask for Simone Morrison, or email her at email@example.com.
This Employment Ontario service is funded by the Ontario Government.