At PTP, we are passionate about our work. We support innovation and embrace new ideas. We understand the importance of fostering a positive, diverse, and collaborative work environment for our team members; a workplace reflective of our core values. That's where you come in. You might just be the perfect fit!
Please take a look at our current job openings below to learn more about working at PTP.
There are currently three openings.
Job Title: Job Developer Location: Dundas - West Training Centre – Across TorontoHours: 35 hours a week – some evening hours requiredLength: Immediately to March 31, 2019 (with possibility of an extension)Reports to: Manager of Employment Services
Job Developer Position
PTP is looking for an individual with exceptional interpersonal communication skills and proven experience as a Job Developer to help our clients, who often have multiple barriers to employment, find and keep a suitable job. We’re looking for someone who wants to go the extra mile and who cares passionately about working with our client group, someone who develops strong relationships with employers and who will work closely with team members across PTP programs and services to ensure all clients receive the highest level of customer service, care and support in their job search efforts.
You will be responsible for the following activities:
Important skills, knowledge and experience:
A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle would be an asset
Internal Posting Date: August 14, 2018 Internal/external Closing Date: August 21, 2018
If you are interested in the position, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Milena at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about teaching and want to take on the challenge of helping women from diverse backgrounds acquire the qualifications to access post-secondary training?
PTP Adult Learning & Employment Programs, in partnership with Seneca College offers academic upgrading as part of WoodGreen’s Homeward Bound Phase 1 program. This is an intensive 13week program that prepares women for college entrance. Classes run Tuesday mornings 9am-12pm at WoodGreen Community Services (251 Cosburn Avenue).
In your cover letter, please
include a one-paragraph statement describing your teaching philosophy
Hours of Work: Part time contract/13-weeks (10 weeks/3hours week and 3 weeks/6hours week)
If you are interested in the position, please email cover letter and resume (as ONE  file) to:
Simone Morrison, Program Manager - PTP East Centre
Email address: email@example.com
Internal/External Posting Date: August 17, 2018
Internal/External Closing Date: August 24, 2018
Job Title: Workshop Facilitator Location: Danforth - East Training Centre Hours: 18 hours/wk
Position: Part-time Contract – 15 wks (with possibility of renewal)
Reports to: Program Coordinator
PTP Adult Learning and Employment Programs (PTP) is a community-based organization with two locations in Toronto. Our vision is to empower people to learn and find work they value.
Our mission is to provide basic skills education, job search and related services to individuals preparing for employment, training, or further education. We work to enhance the economic and social circumstances of our participants by creating a rich learning environment where participants identify their interests, develop literacy and Essential Skills, explore employment goals, and discover individual pathways to success.
Building for the Future, an Employment Essentials Pre-Apprenticeship Program, is a 12-week program for OW clients with literacy as a barrier to employment who need assistance in developing an Individual Plan of Action, and who are exploring the trades as a possible career option. Program includes weekly workshops on a variety of topics, pre- and post- academic testing and assessments, employment focused inventories, as well as one-on-one counselling, guidance and support. All components will inform and guide the development of a Final Individual Plan of Action for each participant.
The Workshop Facilitator holds responsibility for the delivery of the following series of workshops:
1. Life Skills - Identifying issues, Strategies for Problem Solving, and Decision Making
2. Vocational Assessments - Goal Setting: Setting and Achieving Short and Long-Term Goals/The Importance of an Action Plan
3. Time and Personal Management – Attendance/Punctuality/Making Commitments
4. Health - Health/Nutrition/Stress Management/Exercise and Fitness
5. Communication - Effective Communication/Conflict Resolution
6. Money Matters – Budgeting/Saving/Credit Card and other Debt
7. Community Resources – Community and Social Supports/Field Trips/Guest Speakers
8. Occupational Research – Skills at Work/Skills Training/Job Planning
9. The World of Work - Employment Standards/Rights at Work/Workplace Culture/Employer Expectations/Job Maintenance
10. Teamwork – Volunteering at PTP/Community Projects/Planning and Organizing/Skills needed for Teamwork
It is the Facilitator’s responsibility to ensure the highest standards in programming and delivery are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
· Education and experience in adult education, employment counselling and/or educational counselling
· Life Skills Coach certificate
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in workshop development and facilitation for participants who may have multiple barriers to employment
· A good understanding/knowledge of the trades and/or routes to apprenticeship would be an asset
· Experience delivering programming to a multi-level literacy group with a variety of needs
· Experience adapting materials to meet the needs of participants
· Experience instructing and/or counselling adults who are facing multiple barriers to employment (one of which is literacy)
· Experience working in a community-based setting
External Posting Date: August 20, 2018 External Closing Date: August 27, 2018
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Andrew Shaver at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. PTP will provide accommodation during all steps of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Please advise us if you need any accommodation.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position; however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!