At PTP, we are passionate about our work. We support innovation and embrace new ideas. We understand the importance of fostering a positive, diverse, and collaborative work environment for our team members; a workplace reflective of our core values. That's where you come in. You might just be the perfect fit!
Please take a look at our current job openings below to learn more about working at PTP.
There are currently no openings.
Digital Literacy and Math Instructor
Full-time position at PTP West Training Centre (Dundas/Kipling)
Salary: $50,000; benefits after probationary period
Are you passionate about using digital technology to engage and empower adults with barriers to learning and employment? Do you want to help deliver and expand Essential Skills programming in a community-based setting? Are you an innovator, critical thinker and team-player? If “yes,” we want to hear from you!
PTP Adult Learning and Employment Programs, a leader in adult workforce literacy programming, is looking for an instructor who has fluency using and teaching
· Digital skills for learning, community engagement, job search, and personal improvement; this includes using email, maps, video, retail, learning and government sites and using software to find, keep, edit, and share information
· Digital skills across various interfaces: phones, tablets, PCs, desktop, and cloud
· Numeracy skills up to Grade 9
Instructor responsibilities include
· Delivering classes and facilitating groups
· Preparing lesson plans and materials using a holistic approach to literacy programming
· Designing and delivering short targeted courses (such as computer skills for online learning)
· Evaluating programme integrity and success
· Assessing, tracking and reporting participant progress
· Attending meetings as required
· Adhering to PTP policies
· Undertaking other assignments as required
Demonstrated experience instructing adult learners from diverse backgrounds using current adult education principles and practices
Ability to manage multi-level groups and continuous intake
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and human relations skills to interact effectively with diverse student and staff populations
Specific digital skills required:
· Productivity software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, Outlook
· PC operating systems: Windows, Chrome OS; common keyboard shortcuts, taking screenshots, organizing files and folders
· Mobile operating systems: iOS, Android; email, mapping, translation, messaging apps; installing, updating and managing apps; manage security, data, wifi; digital assistants (Siri, Google Assistant)
· Browsers and the web: using tabs, emailing links, finding and sharing information
Network administration experience and a post-secondary degree are strong assets.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume as one file to
Anne Marie Williams, Program Manager
In your cover letter, please identify three barriers to developing digital literacy skills adult learners might face and describe how you would work with learners to overcome them.