PTP’s Strategic Directives and Goals 2011-2014
A. To consolidate and secure the funding for Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS), Academic Upgrading (AU) and Job Solutions as PTP’s core programs.
- Successfully implement the new Job Solutions model by fulfilling requirements from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Successfully implement new models for Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) and Academic Upgrading (AU) programming in line with new requirements.
- Actively advocate for the continuation and expansion of core funding for PTP’s core programs.
B. To minimize financial risk by diversifying funding and generating other income sources.
- Actively seek out new funding sources outside the literacy and employment sectors.
- Invest in resource development as a generator of future income.
- Proactively take advantage of PTP’s charitable status.
- Consistently increase unrestricted funds as a proportion of total revenue.
- Increase PTP’s reserve fund to six months of operating income.
- Investigate the viability of PTP buying a property.
C. To position PTP as a leader in workforce literacy and employment services – for participants, partnerships and the sector at large.
- Strive to be participant-focused and sensitive to the unique needs of program users.
- Continue to establish partnerships to improve access and options for our participants.
- Implement an internal communications strategy to create better linkages between PTP’s program and service areas.
- Launch an external communications strategy to increase PTP’s sector and media profile, and build awareness of PTP’s expertise.
D. To ensure that PTP is recognized as an employer of choice.
- Invest in ongoing and creative development for staff.
- Continually explore ways to enhance health and other benefits for staff.